11 September 2007

Art Beat Fooding, Part Deux

I had a little internet trouble last week and my post was delayed.

After the Art Beat ended at 2030 (seriously -- why? Would it really be that hard to end it at 2100? That's South Bend for you.), I headed over to Polito's.

It's open

I hadn't been there in a very long time and I was looking forward to a slice of their thin crust with anchovies.

Look, see the grease? I didn't remember that.

Something seemed different, and I don't know what exactly it was. The crust seemed different, more doughy than usual and not holey. Maybe I just became used to my pizza crust and I was comparing it too much.

They have nice TVs and Polito's and I watched the Colts-Saints game.

Underside looks preeetty!

Back at home, I tasted the two mini desserts I bought from the Ciao's table. I don't have anything to say about it so I'm saying nothing. But the picture looks nice.

Chocolate mousse on the left, tiramisu on the right.

**Running update**

I am now on my first run/walk week. I'm going out four days a week for thirty minutes, 6 minutes running, two minutes, x5. Good stuff, but I have forgotten how to run a bit!

It's very good that I don't believe in omens, because on the first day (yesterday) I passed a dead deer and on the way back I found the penny, this time heads up, that I saw tails up the first week I started walking. (I just realized that I don't know where I put the penny.)

Not having anything to do with "omens", when I was slicing the potatoes I set the knife down. But the bad knife didn't stay put and fell. When I looked down I said this, "Whew! Look how close that was to my foot!" Then, on my big toe and the toe next to it, on my right foot, blood started spewing out. Fortunately, it wasn't very deep. Numero uno on my cooking idiocracies list. Theeen, as I was speeding through my kitchen to get ingredients out for making a microwave cake, I WHAAAAACKED my knee cap on the edge of the refrigerator. My right knee cap. Remember folks, my right leg was the injured leg. I started laughing, somewhat like a lunatic. For a long time. After which, I sang Barney songs.

Fast forward to this morning. I fell onto a tray with papers while attempting a handstand (later on, outside that time, I did a handstand for 2 seconds -- w00tzorz!), bruised and bumped my left knee cap, before knocking my coffee cup into the trash can. This was all very hilarious!

I'm really not... well, maybe I am crazy and strange! I'd rather be like that than be super normal. =D

P.S., I apologize for the yellow tint in the pictures in last post's pictures. I don't know why that is but I will find out how I did that.

That's all, folks!


No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your thoughts are appreciated! ^,^


Blogger Template Created by pipdig